WHAT IS THE NEBRASKA DYSLEXIA ASSOCIATION?
The Nebraska Dyslexia Association was founded on February 1, 1984 to promote the work of Dr. Samuel T. Orton in the study, prevention, and treatment of the specific language function known as dyslexia. The Nebraska Dyslexia Association, formerly the Nebraska Branch of the International Dyslexia Association, works to enhance the public's perception and understanding of dyslexia and related language/learning abilities.
WHAT IS THE MISSION STATEMENT OF THE NEBRASKA DYSLEXIA ASSOCIATION?
- To improve educational opportunities for students with reading, writing and spelling difficulties.
- To promote education of teachers in research-based approaches to reading instruction.
- To work with teacher education providers to require research-based training for teacher certification.
- To provide information and support to individuals and families with reading problems.
WHAT ARE THE MAJOR FUNCTIONS OF THE NEBRASKA DYSLEXIA ASSOCIATION?
- Notification of Activities
- Workshops and Conferences
- Parent, Tutor, Teacher Training Courses
- Free Consultations, including phone and email helplines
- Support Groups
- Advocacy for Families
- Public Relations: including newsletter, website
Board of Directors
Executive Committee Members:
Carolyn Brandle, President
Dr. Eileen Vautravers, Vice President
Gwelda Carlson, Treasurer
Becky Kugler, Secretary
Sharon O'Neal, FONDA representative
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the Nebraska Dyslexia Association and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will the NDA be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the NDA. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the Nebraska Dyslexia Association is run by volunteers and takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.